Sunday, May 19, 2013

hey family! so can I just say it was great to skype all of you last week! it seems like a month has pasted already. kinda a long week but it wasn't a bad week. I think time was just running a little slow! 

But this week has been good! its been a good week of just focusing on new investigators and trying to find some people to teach. Haven't had much success yet but we may have some good future potential. 

This past week we went through our area book both potential and past investigators and we probably went out with close to 15 names one day in one area and just went out looking for them.  we found out that probably like maybe 11 of those 15 died didn't live there anymore or nobody knew them! haha.  so we just contacted those ones and set up days to come back to teach but when we came to the day and time they told us no one was home! kinda frustrating. but we just had some time before our next appointment about an 45 minute walk away so we went and bought some bread from a bakery and then stopped at a house to buy some water in there little store and ended up talking to her and passed on a restoration pamphlet. so i guess no effort is wasted. she didn't seem too interested but anyway we may stop back! haha. so then after our 45 minute walk we showed up to teach a less active Bro. Pilipil(ive mentioned him before) who is a returning member but then he'll miss one week of church so his time starts over. haha. every time! but anyway he was still out in the sugar fields working so we had his daughter in law go get him but they never returned so who knows but we ended up  meeting a new family and teaching them. we gave them a pamphlet to read but they cant read so I just told them to look at the picture and we'll explain them the next time and they agreed to do that! who know but hopefully! I forgot their last name though. the names here are all confusing! haha they're all the same or all nicknames so it's hard to keep them straight! 

So that's my run down on this week. At Church on Sunday we had one investigator at church then later that night we stopped by his house and taught him. he was very smart with prophets. he's my buddy here in Bug-ang so we always talk and i told him to come to church and he did. haha. he's friends with a member in town who spoke yesterday in sacrament meeting so that was good! so hopefully something can come out of that! his name is Angelo Dela Cruz.  Mga 25ish id guess. he works at the elementary school as kinda the security electrician and janitor so he just kinda roams around the campus all day.  

This week has been. still working hard with the language and not giving up. some days its good on both aspects.  I was listening to a talk by Uchtdorf on Patience this past week a bunch of times. he gave it during a priesthood session maybe a couple years back but it is a really good talk on learning and growing and being patient! but yeah its definitely a good talk for anything! haha but I feel like I've progressed in speaking this week! We'll see has this week goes! 

Missionary work continues to be great no matter the trouble problems and area. its what I signed up for and I continue to push through it waiting for that day were I'm the best missionary I can be! It's in the near future I hope! haha. I remember thinking when I first arrived here in the Philippines thinking oh just wait till June or July and you'll be fine with everything! Maybe a little bit of a estimate error but it doesn't get me down. I have just over 17 months to succeed. I can do it! even if it takes me another year! I can still do it! and that's all that matters! 

Well family! know that I love you all and miss you all! I love this work and love my mission but most of all I love this gospel. its true and I know it! I just have to teach it now! I keep you n my prayers and know that I am in yours because of the support I feel!  I know Christ is our Savior Redeemer and Lord.  He wants the best for all of us so that's why he suffered for us! I hope you all know that to! Love you all again! 

Sorry about the spelling! 

Until next week! 

Love you,

Elder Sargent          

 
 

so these first two pictures are a shirt this guy was wearing. i asked to take a picture. he's not a member but he's a friend of mine in town and a new investigator so it wasn't awkward... haha but it says my the horse be with you then sa likod(on the back) siling niya(it says) cause you look like a horse! its tagalog but Elder Delos Santos translated it! haha. i though that shirt would be the perfect family shirt! if only i can find that shirt! haha


me and a chicken getting ready to eat it. we bought a chicken the other day to raise for about a month until its big and then we will kill it and eat it! im excited to learn how to do all this for when i get home! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment