Sunday, May 26, 2013

 
Hey all! 

I'm so glad that everything is going good for everyone! For this week has been pretty good! pretty fast and I'm looking forward to this one! 

So just a low down on everything! 

So our teaching! we are improving our numbers and finding more investigators. We realized earlier this week some things we needed to work out in our companionship to make it better and have the spirit with us more and more everyday.  We realized that both of us were just waiting for the other person to act or take lead.  For Elder Delos Santos he just wanted to sit back and have me lead so i can learn then for me i just thought he was trunkie and just kinda lost his motive(which there is still a little) haha but we sat down and talked and finally had some communication on what to do to make this the best 4 weeks of his mission. I straight up told him that I'm fine  with leading but at the same time I can't be babysitting. I cant be the only one planning or deciding were to go or who to teach or just what to do! cause that's what i was doing and I wasnt getting any help.  He would always just ask me where are we going. or you plan. or just little things.  But on wed we finally talked it out and have doing   alot better with share of responsibility of 2 people in a companionship. I'm still leading but there is more help on planning or just deciding important things.  

For me I learned a lot. I really learned that if there is no communication in a companionship this work can't be done.  its true. the spirit leaves and wont help one no matter how hard he tries. I felt like after I had support of him the spirit came back into our teaching and we were able to increase our numbers and just have a better week.  Of course we aren't perfect teachers or companionship but everyday we have been trying to progress. i still see some areas that could work out a little more and can work on that this week! 

For investigators this week! 

So first

Alota Family:

So the Alota family. I'm not sure if I've mentioned them but they are all investigators.  There are 4 of them. Nanay and Tatay(Mom and dad) then there son and his wife. Nay and Tay are probably in there 60's and his son Joven and his wife Likem are probably 30ish and have one daughter maybe 3 years old.  so we meet them a couple weeks ago and teach them about once a week. last week we set a baptismal date with them but they didn't so up to church. This week we are going to focus on helping them progress and getting to them to church! 

Angelo Dela Cruz! so far he is our only progressing investigator. This week we plan on getting him a baptismal date. We had a plan last time but we brought our branch president and he just messed up the lesson. He didn't stop talking! haha. so this week na lang! 
pero im not sure about him! I faith with him but whenever we teach him he seems like he's not interested yet he still comes to church and does our commitments! 

So my fun story of the week! We went up to this one barangy with our branch president cause we had a potential investigator who we were going to stop by but she wasn't there so we just thought sige ah. (okay) we'll just teach to the neighbors around.  So probably 90% of this area is Seventh Day and the just like to debate about the Sabbath day. Our first house went really good. she was 7th Day but she was very interested in mormons and our culture and how I knew the language and she just thought it was really cool that we would spend time devoting to the Lord! then the next house! Here is my story! 

So go up to the door yell "Balay" which is their way of knocking here then the open the door invite us in and the debate is off! this lady just is asking questions and opening her bible then I'm just sitting there not understanding really I just know the topic then I was like well I don't want to sit here. How can I prove this lady.  So I think think think. then say....

"sister. may ara ko isa ka pamongkot lang sa imo" (sister i have one question for you)  "sino natuga sang modern day calendar"( who created the modern day calender") her response tawo gani(people) then i just was like exactly that sister. so I mean that Jesus Christ didn't make this calendar. Whose to say there were calendars back in that day that.  In the bible it just says 7th day. So it's not important that the sabbath day is on sat or sunday but that its the first day because after the ressurection of Christ that's when the Aapostles took the sacrament. It really doesn't matter the day we have a Sabbath but as long as you have one a week and rest from you labors as the commandment commands.  She didn't know what to say but was just like that's not the commandment the commandment is Sunday.

So she just wanted to debate.haha.

But thats my week in a nutshell! 

Hope all is well this week for all of you! Language is still a struggle but I try not to look at that anymore and just pray that God will bless me! Don't worry I will learn this language. and if I don't.. I don't know! haha but that's not the important thing. The important thing is that I serve with all my heart might mind and strength. the Lord didn't  send me to master a language but to master the spirit. to serve diligently and obediently and in return I can receive blessing for me and more importantly be a blessing for someone else! I see my time moving faster and faster which kinda scares me but at the same time its good I just have to work harder to keep up with it! 

The Church is True. Its truly a blessing we have a living Prophet.  Think about it! That's all I have to say this week! 

I love you all and miss you all! 

Elder Sargent! 

P.S.- sorry about the spelling! 
Here is a Picture riding on top of a Tubo Truck! or the big truck the use for loading sugar canes! seriously these trucks are large! I'll take a picture this week of a full one! But this is our Branch President Pilicano. this is after going to a little barangy(town) and debating with many 7th day about the Sabbath day! the story ill include in my big letter! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment