Monday, April 22, 2013

Hey Everyone. sorry my letter is a little late this week but ive been in bacolod all day cause Elder Delos Santos needed a Xray for his depature in June so we have been at the Hospital all morning waiting then lunch and a alittle shopping but i didnt buy anything cause i didnt find anything. i was looking for a nice indoor/outdoor basketball like a spalding or willson but they didnt have anything good. i was also looking for a pull up bar but it was like 2000 pesos and huge so it wasnt worth any of my money! haha. but lunch was good. i wanted to go to Mcdonalds and get a Hamburger but we decided to go to a chicken and unlimited rice place cause it was much cheeper. it was way good though!
So Jealous mom and dad are in La Jolla right now! after my mission in the month of November i plan on going there then maybe hitting up the Christmas Devo in SLC! haha thats my plan for after mission but for right now i just got to take it day by day and progress to become better missionary.
So this week has been pretty good. a lot better then the last and it was pretty good. So just pretty much the same thing over and over. the Investigators we are teaching still aren't progressing when the say they'll do stuff. 
Bro Jomare- amo na gihapon(same as always). we continue to stop by and he continues to enjoy our lessons and ask great questions but he wont come to church. he has a baptismal date now for may 18th but just cause he doesn't keep they commitments I'm not sure if it will happen.
Sis Lovely's kids- there 10 and 8. not much to progress. we are just trying to work with the Parents and get them to church. they said they would both go and we even texted them Saturday night and they still said they'd go but they didn't. we stopped by later that day and they just said yeah we didn't feel like it. we didn't have money. just the same old same old. 
We taught a few first lessons this past week so hopefully i can report more to you all on them next week.  we taught a lot this week to new investigators trying to find some that we think are ready and willing to act on our message so hopefully we can continue to find more and teach more and have some success in this area! haha.
Its not the people that are bad. the people are great. just humble people that are poor but just there life style they aren't willing to give up anything for anything. they would just rather sit around all day and not really do anything. They say they will but in turn they don't. That's the hardest part about this area. Its just the people don't see the importance on acting on things because they never have had to act for anything. they've just grown up that way so i cant blame the people but just the lifestyle and the lifestyle of the area! budlay gid sia(its very hard)! haha!
But the work is going better. its a lot better with Elder Delos Santos then before my first 2 transfers.  Its hard to believe almost 6 months are now done and time will only get faster.  This past week I've seen myself through different eyes. I've been trying to connect with the people a lot better and find simple ways to connect with them and when i do that they seem to open up to me better and listen to me more.  I've seen the Future Elder Sargent and the impact that I can have on these people if I don't ever give up and give it my all to do this work but more importantly  do this work for this people here. I think the mission will only get better now and now is the time to really just go for it and do all I can to learn everything there is. if i wait any longer I fear it will be to late! so that's my plan! and as  do that I can promise my self that this will be the best two years of my life!
I'm thankful for all of your support and love that I feel here across the world! I'm thankful for this gospel and the happiness and the joy it brings to me and for the knowledge I have that it can bring that to other people.  I'm so thankful for my progression that I have had this week and pray that it will only progress more and not decrease! Salamat ko sa tanan mga bugay nga ang ginuo nagahatag sa akon adlaw-adlaw.(im thankful for all the blessings the Lord gives to me daily. I know this work is true and I'm proud to be here in the Bacolod Philippines Mission!
Love you all!
Elder Sargent
P.S-  Sorry waay pictures... waay time to send them! (waay-no/none)


No comments:

Post a Comment