Sunday, April 28, 2013

hello all again!! how are you all???
 
This week has just been like what the heck happened kinda for me! as in some how total we only taught 10 lessons...like total! haha. we worked for like 7 hours everyday as well. Seriously no one was home except for the kids that don’t work. Everyone else was working. Or they just said they were busy and said to come back later but in the area you can’t go back that same day because the houses are too far away from each other.  So the first part of the week I was just kinda down. Felt like I was just wasting time and not progressing still. Then on Friday I just got done with my self doubting and what not and just started smiling at everyone...talking to everyone and if I didn’t understand them I just shook my head and acted like I knew what they were talking about. I actually think my conversational skills improved alot and a couple members seem closer to me I think! haha. I wish I would have figured that out like 3-4 months ago! haha. But as for this past week yeah I was just very mingaw(poor) We don’t know what happened.
 
But as for our investigators I think this area is just going to need some miracles soon.  I realized yesterday that I’ve been here for 4 months and I haven't had any baptisms. I then realized that I haven’t had one progressing investigator here yet. Baptisms I can handle. You know the time comes for those but at least one investigator that keeps commitments would be nice. I don’t know how to help these people. I feel like I could if I could teach like I can in English but that’s not working too well for me yet so I’m just waiting for some time in the mission to just be a teacher and not a robotic teacher.  Maybe it’s the area, maybe it’s me.  Not sure. But whatever it is I think it’s just going to need some miracles. 
 
But don’t worry! I’m not down. I think I found a groove for me to see progression and actually progress these next few months. I just gotta keep doing my thing.  I’m actually excited for this week cause I’m going to just live with no regrets. If I mess up who cares. I’m American, of course I don’t know this language but hey I’m giving it my best and that’s where the blessings come. Its like P-90X. That’s a hard work out.  You cant jump in on day one without working out before and succeed every repetition with ease. But as you keep doing it and going hard, by day 90 you’re just ripped. Maybe you didn’t see progression while doing the program but others did. Then when you look back you see a bunch! haha. That’s my new program. M-2yrX. M- missionary! It’s worked for others that have worked hard so that’s my program. Work hard. Play hard. Live with no regrets!! 
 
Cant believe it has been 6 months on my mission already! Crazy. 1/4 done! Man time just goes by fast. But it’s good. I like time running fast but I just gotta run with it! I love this place here. The food, the people, the scenery. Sometimes it’s not the best but overall it’s the place to be! haha. I love this gospel..  the scriptures, the prophets, the happiness and the joy that I benefit from having it!  The church is true people. If you don't know it...figure it out. If you do know it..cling to it. That’s all I can say!
 
Looking forward to this next year and a half! I love all of you
 
Love,
 
Elder Sargent!

 
Me and elder pulsipher just trying on some crocs at the crocs store in bacolod! haha

this is me in bacolod last week. we ran into a missionary couple and they happen to be in uncle rays ward up in bountiful. i guess he was their home teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment