Sunday, April 14, 2013

 
Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing good. I’m doing okay! This past week was a little rough for me but General Conference definitely turned that around and now I’m  doing great! 
 
So last week was just kinda hard for me. I felt like I was just being tried in every way possible. Just little things were getting under my skin. I was just struggling with the language  just little differences in the culture with me and Elder Delos Santos. Just being way tired and just the members.  I can’t really explain it but I just think I was very stressed with everything... just feeling behind the pace... not really sure if I’m progressing like I should or could but yet I feel like I try everything I can but things don’t come to me even when I pray hard and work hard. I really think this last week was just the Lord’s way of testing me and humbling me even more to really call upon Him and wait for His time.  But hopefully this week goes better and I know my purpose more because I feel like I was able to get a lot of unknowns-questions I had answered at conference. Funny how you pray for one thing but your answer was actually something way different. I still haven’t watched Saturday or Priesthood cause President wouldn’t allow us to go. I was a little mad about that just cause it’s only the Prophet and Apostles speaking to us, but I guess I’ll just wait for the April Liahona to get to me so I can read them. 
 
But besides last week we had an interesting week.  haha
 
This story illustrated here will just explains this area to perfection:
 
So all week we were excited to go teach Sister Lovely again and we did. Her and her husband (Bro. Joel- member:but inactive) have been living in Manilla for the past like 25 years so they were just all speaking Tagolog meanwhile I’m sitting there just lost but just kinda whatever cause it was Tagalog but once we started the lesson Elder Delos Santos asked if we could speak only in Illongo or Cebuano cause I don’t know Tagolog. haha (i dont know illongo or cebuano either!) jokes. just illongo! But the lesson was mostly Cebuano still. But I was able to follow.. didn’t really understand. But as we started the lesson we were just laying out all the ground rules for baptism and then out of nowhere she’s just like I’ve already been baptized. We were like what??? THE LADY HAS ALREADY BEEN BAPTIZED!!! idk know why she didn’t tell us but we were just like are you kiding me! haha. It was kinda funny but we are still going to teach them all again cause they don’t remember anything and they actually have two kids that are above 8 years old we may baptize if the lessons go good!! haha. That just explains this area. Sometimes its just like "do these people think" haha! I think things are only going to get better from this area. People have said that Minapasok is the hardest area in the mission just cause its way bukkid the people are uneducated, unmotivated, and don’t do anything. Maybe Tyler Sumner Can relate to that! haha. what was his first area by the way!
 
But family I guess that’s my story for the week. The other investigators weren’t home the 2-3 times we stopped by this week so that was a little bad but hopefully we can get them this week. 
 
So family! I know that this work is true. I know that this church is true and is run by Jesus Christ! It’s such a good feeling to have that knowledge. I realize happiness comes to those that know.  What a true fact. Like seriously this work is very challenging at times. Especially for the brain. Sometimes I want to quit and just go home but for some reason I’m still always happy. I never knew why but I’ve realized that it’s because again happiness comes to those that know. What I know, I can’t deny.  Because I know these things, I know there is a bigger picture that I can’t see and I know that I just have to endure and give it my best. It’s like in the Book of Mormon and in the Bible... those that believe and have faith are healed through miracles or produce miracles. I know that miracles can’t be produced without Jesus Christ at the center of everything.  I know that and that’s what brings me happiness!
 
I love you all. I miss you all. I love this work and continue to love... its all my life!  Just not right now!
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Sargent!

 


I guess you could call us the Mormon Batallion or just the MPA(thats the rebel army that lives in my area!) no big deal! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment