Sunday, June 23, 2013

 
Well I have been transferred and made a Senior Companion. My New Companion is Elder Dalumpines from the Manila Area.  He just finished his 12 weeks training but since he's filipino he doesn't have a follow up so i was just made his senior. My New Area is called Kabankalan. its about 4 hours south of Bacolod.  Its a city so its pretty nice.  All the rooms in the Church have air conditioning which is nice! haha
So here is my week!
So monday and tuesday. so monday and tuesday i was in sagay with Elder Manu. that was a really good experience and that area definitely has some prepared investigators ready to be baptized. good opportunity to me to actually see some progressing areas after being in Minapasok for 6 months.  Tue after district meeting i got the call notifying me that i would be transferred so we had to go all the way back out to minapasok and pack up everything and clean up the house a little.  I thought there would be no more missionaries there but turns out that the the elders that got assigned there were already in the sagay zone and are now the Zone Leaders. So hopefully they can do something there.
Wed- bright and early we headed out to Bacolod to meet up with our new companions.  At the Chapel we meet at i saw a couple elders from my batch and Elder Leng. haha. that was pretty fun. Turns out the Elder Cannon is my District Leader! haha. we are both excited for that! should be a fun experience.
Thursday- thursday was a full day of work.  I was excited cause pure illongo but turns out its like my first week in the Philippines all over again. im not understanding anything. the vocabulary is way different here plus the speak way fast. im picking up maybe like 5%.  its bad. i don't know what else i can do with the language learning. every area in this mission has a different set of vocab and accent i swear. Just when i think i see a light the power goes out. its very difficult to grasp and figure out what else i can do. i know that i still have a long time but you think that 8 months out id understand more then 5 percent in the language i learned. But the work goes on.
Friday- i didn't wake up feeling too good. i thought i could just work it out but turns out that afternoon i ended up returning home and have had a flu the past days. ive spent my hours just resting and loading up on medicine and water.  Today i'm doing fine. my body is just in a little shock maybe cause its just stiff and i still have a runny nose but i think i'm on the mend. (i'd much rather take the flu for 4 days then a kidney stone for 8 hrs!)  
The new area should be good. have some good strong members that are willing to help and actually have teachers in all the classes! My new comp... he's good. he doesn't speak any english.  He's like 5'2 so i got a whole foot on him! haha.  he's kinda quiet around the house but he has good relationships with the members which is good. it should be a good companionship. i just need a little more time to figure out the area and then start finding teaching and baptizing.  (just wish i new the language)
Well family hope you all have a great week this week.  I'm looking forward to this week. We have Zone Conference tomorrow which should be good. i'm looking forward to that. hopefully my sickness doesn't stop my mind from working and i can get everything out of what president tells us.  Should be a good week of learning the language again and teaching and finding and strengthening this area. I've been called to lead this area for a reason so i will do all i can to do that! hopefully i can fulfill my purpose!
Know that i love you all! time moves quick. take advantage of it! do your part and the lord will do his!
Loves,
Elder Sargent
 
Me and my new comp Elder Dalumpines.

No comments:

Post a Comment