Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hey everyone! So I've gotten like 3 mentions that today is my 8 months mark on the mission meaning that im 1/3 done. my time does move. I didn't really even notice this 8 month mark had hit me yet.  I realized it but it was never going through my head like holy cow. I'm at my 8 month mark. Good and scary. Nothing bad.  Good that time is moving and moving fast but at the same time its like ahh shoot. I've let time just pass. Still feel a little lost at times or like I'm at my 3 months mark again just cause of my progression I think can be better but I don't know how to progress. At times I feel like it's just time that I'm waiting on but at the same time when will that time come? But before I know it July will be over and who knows what this month will bring me.  
 
But as for this past week it was okay...
 
I'm still trying to figure out this area. It's different. Our area actually isn't like in the city. We have like 4 areas that we go to that all are like out in the bukkid about a 10-15 min tricycle ride away. So the teaching are still a little hard to have a lot a lot but we are definitely teaching more than Minapasok.  We have a baptism next sat the 13th which I'm looking forward to.  She's a 12 year old part member but she doesn't really have any support from her family cause the people she lives with I don't think are members. 
 
I can't figure out the area yet with our members and our investigators.  I've been trying to figure out who they all area and I'm getting a hold of the Less Actives but the investigators I don't know who they are yet. Whenever we plan to teach a investigator I ask Elder Dalumpines who they are and he just is like oh this is a house that has some investigators that we can teach.  It's almost like they aren't set in stone it's like if they are there they are there and we can teach them but they aren't progressing.  I'm trying to find some new ones that we can just start over and kinda reshape this area and the progression cause I truly believe that if we can get the ward to help this ward is going to be even stronger than it is. and it's a good ward! I like the membership support.  We always have referalls from the members but they never know the address or anything so we can't really contact them.  So maybe just a little bit more clarification on some things can help a lot here.
 
We did find a few new investigators that I'll update you with next week.  One is
 
Richard- about 14 years old. One day we were just taking a rest on a rock and this kid just sat down and started talking to us like we were best friends.  We decided to open our mouths and share a message with him so hopefully this week we can teach him again.
 
JayR Amato- about 22 years old. He was actually blessed in the LDS church cause his parents are members but split when he was still young. He's been interested in learning more about Mormon's and what not but he only believes in the Bible and likes when we have Bible references to our teaching to back up our points cause he wants to change but he wants to make sure that its like a legit plan for him and he feels like the Bible is the book to give him the answers.  So maybe this week we'll teach him more about the BOM and hopefully we have some progression. 
 
Well family.
 
I hope this answers most of your questions with the new area.  Kinda scattered brain but just a lot on my brain to figure everything out.  Lately I've been so tired and I have no idea why. I want to work harder but my body just drags and it's hard to focus at times and even harder to push through it. Pray for me that I'll have strength this week! Know that I love you all.  This work is true and it's hard but I'm chippin away at it trying to find my groove.  It will come. Like I said it's just time at this point and I'm just waiting.  I pray for you often and hope that all is well!
 
 
Love you all!!
 
Elder Sargent!


No comments:

Post a Comment