Sunday, March 24, 2013

 
Hello all again! i feel like this week is going way fast and it hard to catch up at times cause im always doing something. i just need a nice nap to slow things down! haha

So Collin Mortenson! finally he got his call!! i told elder leng i would bet anything he'd be called to california! He just looks like thats his place. is it english speaking?? i cant beleive he leaves may 1. thats so soon! but good for him! now its just down to adam. im calling hes going to brazil or manila! thats my guess! foreign for sure! 

So this week has been good! very fast but good. this week we have transfers so i have no idea whats going to happen. most likely elder leng will get transfered cause he's been here for 5 almost 6 months here in this area! but who knows! hopefully i just get a good experianced follow up trainer! thats all either of us wants and we feel like if we get that our missions will be great and on the right start jsut casue we are so unexperianced and just kinda thrown into this situation together. so its been hard but definetly a good learning experiance!! 

So this week. we struck out with Jomare Chaves. We stopped by with our branch president two times but he just works late so its hard to catch him! so our plan is to take the new missionary in this area here and just go try to teach him to the best abilities! the good part is that he speaks english so if i get lost i can say something in english but i hate speaking in english tothe members that know it cause i just feel like its a cop put. plus those are the ones that can help me with the language the most! but sometimes i have no choice if i dont know how to say it! but thats good! We finally were able to teach with Bro simeon but he just always debates us and speaks pure cebuano. I think my plan with that is just to bring a trainer up or my branch president if im here still and just go teach with them and let them show me how to do it. cause i know how to teach lessons but its hard to explain certain points or help them understand the points and doctrine cause of the language barrier sometimes! but i dont give up. im just looking forward to this next week and seeing what transfers bring me. What ever it is im going to take the best out of it and really try to make everything the best and learn this language and learn just everything of how to be a missionary. i think i have a good idea but its hard to do it sometimes with little experiance and i dont really have a model to show me how to do it! but i think i can figure it our next transfer! 

So thats pretty much it.  Just a little expericane i had and im off....

This past week me and elder leng have been working with our Branch pres and he's just been helping us with introducing topics our translations into one topic into the next and He was just talking about the First Vision and how we dont have to recite the whole thing cause they wont understand all the words so he said to just make it our own.  My mind starting wondering a little bit and i was just thinking about the whole thing and how it happened and was trying to put my self in Joseph Smiths shoes and feel like how he would tell someone he saw Jesus Christ and God and then i was putting myself in an investagators shoes and thinking what are the most important parts to tell them. I was translating it im my mind saying... "Nakita ko ang isa ka hiligi sang kasang sa ibabaw gid sa akon ulohan" (i saw a pillar of light over/above my head) then i just continued then i got to the point of ... And isa sa ila naghambal sa akon nga ginatawag ako sa akon ngalan kag nagsiling... nagatudlo sa isa. ini ang akon hinigugma nga anak. Pamatii sia.  (one of them spake unto me calling me by name and said... pointing to the other. this is my beloved son. here him.)  

I was reflecting on that and the spirit hit me hard. "Ginatawag ako sa akon ngalan." ("Calling me by name.") HOW GREAT IS THAT LINE!!! i was thinking that more importantly at that moment in time. even more important then God and Jesus appearing to Joseph is that they CALLED HIM BY NAME! proving the point that God is aware of all his Children. He knows us and he knows us by name. he knows what we need. he knows what is best for us and so he called a prophet, by name, to restore the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. THE TRUE CHURCH AGAIN ON THIS EARTH!!! I just cant comprehend all of what happend but what i can comprehende is the spirit that bore witness to me once again that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. that we have the true church on this earth and that God knows us by name. he knows us beacuse he is the father of our spirits. He is our Heavenly Father.

Well fam and friends! i love you all and i hope you know that im doing great! everyting is good with me! thanks for your sipport and i feel it! even all the way across the world! 

Love you and miss you all!

Elder Sargent! 

Sorry for my spelling! Im forgetting stuff to easily already in english! haha 

 
this is one eyed money from Harry Potter! i thought skye and dee would like this! haha

A member writes the names of missionaries on their houses and this is my name i guess! haha

yeah you could call me guapo! 
 

im really only like 4 feet up this tree! haha. we just made it look like im way higher! 
me and elder leng just on a hill! 


No comments:

Post a Comment