Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First email from the MTC

11/5/12 
Hey family! first email home in the MTC. mom your are going to need forward this to everyone cause i couldnt figure out how to send it to multiple people. also much editing may need to go into this! So so far i have loved the MTC!!! its a great place to be for the time being!! i felt like ive been here a month already but ive survived the past days! My companions are awesome! im in a three some with Elder Anderson from Mission Viejo going to Iloilo and also Elder Gille from Tampa going to Iloilo.  There are 9 in my distrcit. 5 going to Bacolod and 4 to Iloilo.  Elder Anderson is Best friends with a kid i knew At BYU and he's also the one i saw at In and Out before i entered into the MTC. I swear 90% of the time we are laughing at something.  Elder Anderson reminds me of Beau Sitton. Really cool and funny! we are always joking and messing with each other and others in our district. Elder Gille is super cool too. he reminds me of some one but i cant figure it out yet. hes way nice and easy going! My teacher is Brother Oldroyd (Cameron Farnsworth Comp... the one we meet at confrence.) He's a Stud. way cool and funny. just a goofy guy!
Throughout the week we've has some great experiances!!! Yesterday was Fast sunday and we were able to go to Missionary Conference and the Fireside.  It was such a good spirit all day long! when you study the gospel here i swear the Spirit is 10 times stronger.  This morning we got up 30 minutes early to go to the Temple.  Once the lights went down and the music came on i was struggling to stay awake. I frogot my mentos in my suit so i couldnt chew on anything to keep me awake!!!
So back to my district.... 9 elders. no sister.  The 4 going to Iloilo are Elder Anderson, Gille, Singler(way cool kid from Farmington utah, goes to Utah State, District leader.) and Elder Pierce(got a lot to say about that kid)! the 5 going to Bacolod are Me. Elder Pulsipher(San Diego. Way Cool kid!), Elder Butler( from N.C. kinda reminds me of Noah Brown. He performs in opras and stuff.) Elder Cannon( Funny quite kid from blackfoot idaho) and Elder Crosland( quite like a mouse. from preston idaho.)  I definetly have the best companionship!! TM. 
My zone is half english speaking people going to the US then the rest of it is people speaking Cebuano. The ones speaking Cebuano are really cool! fun kids to be here with!
I've seen alot of people here that i know. Like Jeff Kerr. He leaves tue for NY and then Connor Toolson for Warriors back in the day hes going to Nicuagra! hes been her for like a month.  Then there are other from BYU i've randomly ran into. One was a good friend from Mission Prep. He's in my Zone leaves this Wed to L.A.  Its really cool to run into people and meet new people going all over the Place!! Yesterday at Temple walk i ran into Austin Turley!! it was so fun to see him! we took a picture but the glare from the Sun was terrible so hopefully i see him again to get another!! 
So thanks for the Dear elders! they are awesome. its Hard to read them though cause when they print them off they like will cut the page half way through a sentence then you have to go find the other half of the letter pasted underneath someone elses letter. Its kinda Confusing but im getting the Hang of It i think!!!
hahah.  Well fam! the work here is great. the food is pretty good just like at BYU. Me and Elder Anderson Pound the Salad. it so good for some reason!!! we have like 2-3 bowls every meal!!! I love the MTC and everything about it! How great it is that i can be a part of the Lords work to help bring people unto Christ! its going to be the best 2 years of my life i can already tell! the language is hard to retain but with studying the gosple it will come i know it will!!! thanks for all your support and letter! i love you all. the church is true!! write me write me write me!! my friends to write me!!!
I love you all and miss you guys when i can think about home which is rare!! haha
palangga (love),
Elder Sargent.
P.S. i dont think i can send photos home on the Computer and they dont print them anymore but ill try to find my way around that!!!
LOVE YOU!!!

Pictures from October 31, 2012
Elder Sargent enters the MTC...
At the SLC Airport
Eating one last lunch at In-n-Out before being dropped off at the MTC!
 He randomly ended up meeting another Elder, Elder Anderson, who 
is also going to the Philippines. They are now companions in the MTC. Crazy!
All smiles with his suitcases while being dropped off!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo Good to read this!! Im so excited for elder sargent!!

    ReplyDelete